Top 10 Things to See in Vatican City
Here's our list of the top ten things to see in the Vatican Museums.
Check out our blog:
Check out our Vatican Tours:
Check out our Rome Tours:
Below are also other videos you might like.
Ultimate Guide to Florence in a Day
Trastevere, Rome in a Day: Hidden Gems & Top Attractions
Venice in a Day: Hidden Gems & Top Attractions
The Top Ten Things to See in the Vatican Museums
10. The Egyptian Gallery - The collection is so interesting because of the relationship between the Roman Empire and Egypt. As you might know, Mark Antony and Julius Caesar both had relations with Cleopatra. The collection occupies five rooms; plan to spend about 25 minutes in each.
9. Vatican Gardens - Take a stroll past innumerable grottoes, antiquities and world-class landscaping. Did you know there are 100 fountains in the Vatican Gardens? Unlike the Vatican Museums, the gardens are never crowded. One way to access the Vatican Gardens by booking a full-day tour of the Vatican Museums, Gardens and Castle Gandolfo with The Roman Guy.
8. Pinacoteca - The Pinacoteca (Picture Gallery) is one of the more modern sections of the Vatican Museums and is often overlooked. Get up close and personal to 460 works of art, painted by the likes of Caravaggio, Raphael, Titian, Leonardo, Guido Reni and Giotto.
7. Pinecone Courtyard - Named after the colossal bronze pinecone that once stood near the Pantheon next to the Temple of Isis, the Pinecone Courtyard was designed by Donato Bramante. From here catch an amazing view of St. Peter's Dome. Sometimes the guards let you spin the giant fractured sphere sculpture in the center of the spacious courtyard.
6. Pio-Clementino Museum - The Vatican's Pio-Clementino Museum is one of Rome's best collections of ancient Greek and Roman statues. In the octagonal Belvedere Courtyard, check out the Apollo Belvedere, Laocoön and His Sons and the Belvedere Torso. Then visit the biggest and oldest bathtubs you’ll ever see. Nero's Bathtub measures an incredible 25 ft in diameter. The red marble it is made from is so rare, there is no way to recreate it today.
5. The Vatican's Main Galleries - The Gallery of the Candelabra, Gallery of the Tapestries and our personal favorite, the Gallery of the Maps. The painted frescoes of maps reveal how Renaissance Italians saw themselves and their surroundings. Predating a unified Italy by nearly 300 years, the Gallery of Maps shows the length and breadth of the peninsula circa 1580.
4. St. Peter's Square - If you're not planning on visiting the Vatican Museums during your trip to Rome, at least come here. This is one of the most famous and breathtaking squares in the world and the largest, open area of Rome. The piazza is encased by two massive arms comprised of four rows of colonnades. As you walk up to the square, it looks like two massive arms welcoming you.
3. Raphael Rooms - Raphael was one of Rome's most famous Renaissance artists who encompassed all the ideals of a Renaissance man. He designed and frescoed multiple rooms connected to the Vatican Museums. Among other masterpieces, visit one of Raphael’s most famous works of art, The School of Athens.
2. St. Peter's Basilica - Don't miss this! St. Peter's Basilica is a massive church filled with artwork from some of the most celebrated artists in history. Enter through a special door and skip the lines to get the most opulent church in the world. Once inside, admire masterpieces that include the La Pieta, Il Baldacchino, La Pieta, the statue of St. Peter and much more.
1. Sistine Chapel - Since the chapel is inside the museums, entrance is included in your Vatican tour. Now that the chapel is restored, every detail and color used in the treasured work of art is visible. Only when you are inside, is it clear why it is one of the Sistine Chapel is one of the most celebrated works of art in Western civilization.
Top 10 best places to visit in Rome, Italy in 2020 after the corona outbreak
#RomeTop10 #Travel&Education #VisitRome
Feel free to click on the red button to “SUBSCRIBE” and get notification for more upcoming videos.
Rome, the capital city of Italy is one of the top tourist destinations in Europe. This old city is full of marvelous architecture. In this video, we have covered some of the best tourist attractions in Rome based on some popular travel websites, such as google travel, TripAdvisor, and lonely planet.
For more videos on Rome, check these links
Rome Part I (The Colosseum, Roman Forum)-
Rome Part II (The Pantheon, Angels Bridge)-
Rome Part III (Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona)-
Vatican City, St. Peter's basilica-
Europe Travel Playlist-
Top 10 Athens-
Facebook page- Traveller's Story-
Some footages are used from-
how to travel rome, rome vacation travel guide, rome Italy 4k, walking tour rome, Italy after corona, rome after lockdown, top 10 things to do in rome, rome travel tips, Italy travel tips, things to know before you go to rome, rome travel 2020, rome city video guide, rome travel tips 2020, rome Italy travel guide, rome in 4k, rome travel, top 10 tourist attractions in rome, rome vlog, visit rome, what to know before you visit rome, rome trip, ROMA, roma, 10 best places to visit in italy, the colosseum, exploring rome and Vatican city, rome vacation travel guide, rome travel vlog, rome places, Italy places, rome vlogs, 10 top tourist attractions in rome, 10 top tourist attractions in italy, rome sightseeing, Italy sightseeing, places to visit in rome, places to visit near rome, rome guide, rome history, rome travel diary, rome tour, rome tourism, Italy tourism, best of rome, rome in a day, rome city tour, expedia, rome travel itinerary, travel guide to Italy, trip to Italy, Roman forum, colosseum, Italy, piazza venezia, piazza del campidoglio, Michelangelo, the colosseum, rome italy, rome travel, roman forum, roman holiday, piazza navona, piazza, pizza, pasta, lasagna, top 10 rome, best place in rome, rome at night, rome in night, rome night, rome day tour, Rome, rome, night rome, night in rome, rome 10 best places, angels & demons, piazza navona, the pantheon, trevi fountain, rome museums, tickets, rome(city/town/village), rome attractions, rome highlights, roman jelato, roman icecream, pantheon, rome bridge, roman bridge, roman architecture, beautiful rome, day in rome, night rome, rome fountain, rome church, rome narrow streets, rome street foods, rome pizza, rome food tour, Vatican city, Vatican, vatican city, st peters basilica, st peter church, vatican attractions, vatican guide, Vatican museum, top10rome, Vatican city tour, Vatican city travel, Vatican museums, Vatican city travel guide, Sistine chapel, inside Sistine chapel, Vatican museum Sistine chapel, Vatican city vlog, Vatican city 4k, Vatican city live, Vatican Bengali, Vatican tour, Vatican tour video, Vatican travel, Vatican trip, Vatican tour guide, Vatican tourist attractions, rome vatican city, Vatican city the smallest country, Vatican city travel vlog, rome & vatican city, facts about Vatican city, amazing facts about vatican city, vatican city the smallest country in the world, EU, eu, Europe travel, europe travel, Europe tourism, Europe tour, eurotrip, Europe travel itinerary, budget travel, budget travel Europe, Europe travel budget, Europe travel cost, Europe budget travel, low cost Europe travel, Europe travel videos, Europe travel vlog, Europe travel vlogs, Europe travel blogs, best of Europe, beautiful travel destinations in Europe, places to visit in Europe, beautiful Europe, Europe in fall/ winter, beautiful Europe travel videos, unesco world heritage site, UNESCO world heritage sites in Europe, travel videos, travel vlog, travel vlogs, travel blogs, travel blog, beautiful travel videos, Traveller's Story, travelers story, traveler’s story, traveller’s story, Traveller's Vlog, Traveller's Blog, Traveller's Story Vlog, Traveller's Story Blog, travel and education, Travel&education, Travel & Education,
Top 10 to see in Vatican City
FreeTourRome ( presents Top 10 to see in Vatican City.
Rome, Walking tours in Rome. Free, cheap or affordable private tours. Whatever tour you need we have it! We give you even the opportunity to create your own personalized tour, there is a tour for everyone and every budget offered. Make your reservation Now.
No 1 : the Sistine chapel.
The chapel got its name from Pope Sixtus IV, and was restored from the old Cappella Magna between the year 1477 and 1480. Many people everyday come from around the world to admire the famous paintings don by Michelangelo. He started of in the year 1508. It took him in total 4 years to finish the painting on the ceiling. To find it you have to stand in the saint Peters square facing the saint Peters church. There on the right hand side (next to the church) you can find the Sistine chapel. To enter the Sistine chapel, you have to go first through the Vatican museums. It is probably the most famous building in the Vatican city. Today it is used for the Papal conclave. In which the new pope is elected.
Go visit our website if you like to read more about:
the Rafael rooms, Saint Peter's square, Saint Peter's basilica ,Gallery of Maps, Pietà, Apollo of the Belvedere, Gregorian Egyptian Museum, Hercules, Nero's porphyry bathtub.
And much more.....
TOP 10 Things to do in ROME
???????? Get our Rome PDF Guide for ONLY $6.99 ???? ????
By purchasing our travel guide you're also helping us sustain this channel - ❤️ BIG Thank You!
????️ Things to know BEFORE you go to Rome:
In this video, you’ll see the Top 10 THINGS to SEE and DO in Rome plus two bonus tips at the end of the video. The suggestions are based on our several exciting trips to Rome. Here are our top 10 picks.
0:19 1. CIRCUS MAXIMUS (CIRCO MASSIMO)
An ancient Roman chariot racing stadium and mass entertainment venue.
0:40 2. COLOSSEUM (FLAVIAN AMPHITHEATRE, COLOSSEO)
Used for gladiatorial contests, public spectacles, animal hunts, executions, re-enactments of famous battles, and dramas based on Classical mythology.
1:15 3. ROMAN FORUM (FORUM ROMANUM)
A forum surrounded by the ruins of several important ancient government buildings right next to the Colosseum. The forum was the center of day-to-day life in Rome.
1:42 4. ALTAR OF THE FATHERLAND
AKA ALTARE DELLA PATRIA, MONUMENTO NAZIONALE A VITTORIO EMANUELE II, IL VITTORIANO is a monument built in honor of the first king of a unified Italy, Victor Emmanuel.
2:09 5. PANTHEON
A former Roman temple and is now a church.
2:35 6. TREVI FOUNTAIN
AKA FONTANA DI TREVI is one of the most famous fountains in the world.
2:54 7. SPANISH STEPS
AKA PIAZZA DI SPAGNA is a monumental stairway of 135 steps that were built in the 18th century.
3:24 8.VILLA BORGHESE
A landscape garden containing several buildings and villas, etc.
3:54 9. CASTLE ST’ANGELO
AKA CASTEL SANT'ANGELO, THE MAUSOLEUM OF HADRIAN was initially commissioned by the Roman Emperor Hadrian as a mausoleum for himself and his family.
4:20 10. VATICAN CITY
An independent state since 1929, it is located within Rome.
4:54 11. PIAZZA NAVONA
A square located in the heart of Rome and is built on Dominitian’s ancient stadium.
5:25 ⭐ Bonus 1: PYRAMID OF CESTIUS
5:57 ⭐⭐ Bonus 2: THE MOUTH OF TRUTH (BOCCA DELLA VERITÀ)
6:25 ⭐⭐⭐ Extra SUPER SUPER Bonus: VILLA D’ESTE
GOOGLE MAPS (TOP 10 ROME):
OUR SOCIAL MEDIA:
For collaboration and inquiries: hpassport.travel(at)gmail.com
????Visit our WEBSITE:
#rome #top10 #travelguide #cityguide #roma #italy #italia #hungrypassport #hungrypassportravel
OUR 51st COUNTRY! | Touring the Vatican
Special thanks to ItaliaRail!
Learn more about the Italia Pass
✈️ We created FareDrop to help you score super cheap international flights! Try it for free and get flight deals up to 80% off ➡️ ⬅️
30 DAYS TO BECOMING A TRAVEL HACKER:
ULTIMATE GUIDE TO LOUNGE ACCESS:
It’s free :)
Learn more about becoming a Patron!
Our current camera setup:
Our gear backpacks:
In this vlog, we visited our 51st country buy going to the Vatican in the middle of Italy! We used our Italia Pass to skip the line and take a really good tour. We walked through the beautiful buildings and soaked up the history and scenery, went in the Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica. We tried Rome's cheaper food scene for lunch and dinner, and were a bit disappointed after all the delicious meals we've been having around the city ;)
Our Links ——————————
KEEP US ON THE ROAD:
CHECK OUT OUR PACKING LIST:
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST:
Social Links ——————————
INSTAGRAM: @karaandnate13 (
TWITTER: @natebuchanan (
Originally from Nashville, Tennessee, we got married June 2013 and quickly caught the travel bug! We started traveling full-time January 10, 2016. While daily vlogging was not the original plan, we were having way too many cool experiences not to share every single day! Now travel vlogging is our full-time gig and we feel like we have the greatest job in the world! We are incredibly thankful to do something we love every day. :)
We’ve pulled inspiration from several of our favorite travel vloggers on YouTube, such as: +CaseyNeistat +FunForLouis +Jon Olsson +Mr Ben Brown , and any other talented travel vloggers that YouTube’s algorithm will hopefully connect us with ;)
***TRAVEL VLOG 380*** Music:
First song - “Tourists in Italy 2”
Second song - “Climbing Through Air 3”
We get all of our good vlogging music from Epidemic - get your free trial through our link!
10 Secrets Hidden Inside the Vatican!
Possibly one of the most famous places in the world, Vatican City is supposedly a place of spirituality and holiness and yet its buried in such secrecy that we hardly know anything about it. Here are 10 Secrets Hidden Inside The Vatican!
The Vatican's official language isn't Italian, as most people would think, its actually Latin. Although other languages are still used in the city, official documents and processes are conducted in Latin. There's even an ATM in Latin, Inserito scidulam isn't a harry potter spell, it means Insert card.
The holy office placed Galileo under house arrest until his death in 1642 for declaring that the Earth wasn't the center of the universe. The Vatican formally acknowledged that they were wrong in 1992, 350 YEARS LATER!
Tourists to the Vatican can by a calendar featuring photos of The Vatican's Hottest Priests taken by the Photographer Piero Pazzi, for just 10 euros!
In the 1960s Pope john XXIII was asked by a Journalist How many people work in the Vatican? Pope John answered About half! to this day it is still unclear whether or not this was a joke.
The Vatican has its own postal service which is used by a lot of the locals, and currency which is a form of euro. both currency and stamps have the popes head on them and are sought after by collectors.
6. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife
In the year 964 pope John XII's reign of conspiracy and gross immorality ended. he was found dead in the arms of his lover, allegedly killed by her disgruntled husband!
7. Thou Shalt not Steal!
Though seen as a pure and holy city, The Vatican actually has the HIGHEST CRIME RATE IN THE WORLD! 1.5 crimes per citizen! although most of these crimes are petty theft, there has been a double murder!
8. No other gods before me!
The pope is the Absolute Monarch, he has TOTAL judicial, executive and legislative control over the Vatican state, and is the only absolute monarch left in Europe.
9. Thou Shalt not kill!
In 1974 the Franklin National Bank collapsed and the Vatican lost £20 million, it's owner died in prison after drinking poisoned coffee. In 1982 the Vatican-owned Banco Ambrosiano crashed with £700 million of debt, its Chairman Roberto Calvi was found hanging from Blackfriars Bridge with bricks in his pockets.
10. Thou shalt not commit laundry!
US drug enforcement chiefs have identified the Vatican as a possible money laundering center following the movement of 23 million euros to 2 corner-street outfits in 2010. The State department have listed it as a country of concern!
Which surprised you the most?
Get more Tips here!