Pre travel anxiety? 9 ways to calm down before you travelPre travel anxiety is the feeling of anxiety after you’ve booked a trip but before you go away. Feeling anxious before you travel is very common, whether it’s a vacation or for work. It’s mostly due to a perceived lack of control and a fear of future possible events that causes the issue. In this video I talk about tips you can use to put you in control and therefore feel less stressed in the run up to your trip.
Some people have a fear of travel called hodophobia, that’s when you avoid traveling from home. Other people have specific fears such as a fear of flying. But pre-travel anxiety is experienced by someone who has the desire to travel but just finds it stressful in the run up to the trip. Anticipatory anxiety is the main culprit, worrying about possible bad events that may not happen.
The tips discussed in this video are:
1. Keeping a healthy routine before traveling.
2. Keeping an ongoing list of things to do.
3. Starting a travel journal before you go away.
4. Plan ahead at work and use autoreply email.
5. Search online for local restaurants and cafés to go to before getting your bearings.
6. Take photo’s of your lock-up routine before leaving for your trip.
7. Smile regularly before going away.
8. Mindfulness can relieve anticipatory anxiety.
9. Do not watch sensational news programs before your trip.
Be gentle with yourself...everyone experiences nervousness. I wish you a fantastic trip…wherever you go!
Disclaimer: This information should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health condition or disease and is not intended as a substitute for consulting with your physician or healthcare provider.
Generation Calm is where you can become a master at reducing your stress and anxiety naturally in your own time, so you can keep your body and mind feeling great. Remember to hit the LIKE button and SUBSCRIBE for a new video every week @